Tacos are easy, they’re delicious, and they make a simple, on-the-go weeknight dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup sour cream (optional)
Place a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Once the oil is hot but not smoking, add the ground beef, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon until it begins to brown.
Add the chile powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir well to disperse all the seasonings. Continue cooking until beef is cooked through and no pink pieces remain.
Meanwhile, warm the tortillas over a gas flame or on a griddle, turning occasionally, then wrap in a clean towel to keep warm.Place tortillas on plates, top with ground beef, cheese, tomato,onion, avocado, cilantro and sour cream if using. Serve immediately