The great thing about a sheet pan dinner is that it’s easy to make and even easier to clean up afterward. The other nice thing about this is that you can substitute any root vegetables you like. Beets instead of yams? Delicious! Rutabaga instead of parsnips? Go for it! Just make sure you have everything cut into similar size pieces so it all cooks evenly.
Serves 4 as a main dish, 8 as a side
- 1 package Panorama Smoked Sausage, cut into 1-inch chunks
- ¾ pound small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into quarters
- 2 medium red garnet yams, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 medium carrots, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 parsnips, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4-5 sprigs fresh rosemary
Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a sheet pan with parchment.
Mix the sausage, potatoes, yams, carrots, parsnips, onion, and garlic on the sheet pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss with your hands to make sure everything is coated. Make sure the vegetable mix is evenly distributed in a single layer on the pan. Place the rosemary sprigs on top.
Place the pan in the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Stir and roast another 15 minutes. Stir and continue to roast until the vegetables are soft and browned. Remove from the oven and remove the rosemary sprigs. Serve immediately.