Italian Meatball Soup
There’s nothing like a hearty soup to warm you up on a chilly fall evening. Using precooked meatballs makes it easy to create a delicious, warming weeknight meal in about an hour.
- 1 package Panorama meatballs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- ¾ cup chopped carrots
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 small potatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 quarts beef stock
- ½ pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 14.5 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cups small pasta, like ditalini
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Place the meatballs on a baking sheet and bake until browned, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a stock pot over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the onions, celery, and carrots, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute another minute. Add the potatoes and stock and bring to a simmer. After 10 minutes, add the green beans, zucchini, cannellini beans, and browned meatballs. Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until the pasta is cooked, adding water if necessary.
Ladle into bowls, garnish with grated Parmesan, and serve with crusty Italian bread.